Products that I buy and used myself


Regal Assets


Paleo Recipes

Monday 9 December 2013

Interview for Come n' Say G'Day

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhs_Cdl-nR-FvAlwQXPrUchMIbaHgyz43i4mA6FPHVKY4BlZZ664RphGEqqm1FAjq1FILULhOXaFskFjFNFDCf7T3mt74GeIh-cb2ohzccNLMHPzwZPL1-j53chKpheCyIz-RSW20yjlPv7/s1600/writing.jpg

Well, I want to show a part of my recent interview on the part of my publisher for those have not read it. I recently did an interview about my book, "Come n Say G'Day". The interview about the book was not bad and went well. I am posting about it. Here is an excerpt from the interview I just did with Smashwords Publishing.



What is your writing process?



My writing is very heart felt and write what I feel at the time. Writing is organic thing for me. It comes very naturally.



Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?



Yes, I do remember reading Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsey. I first the saw the movie, when I was teenager. I thought I should read the book. I enjoyed the book even more. It inspired me when I became older to travel Australia. I read the Shining by Stephen King. I guess the impact of the unknown is what inspires to find out and have always been curious since I was a kid.



How do you approach cover design?



I look things while driving like driving on Fridays late at night and look for inspiration from all night diners. This is where I get a majority of my ideas for writing. It just flows. It hits me like lighting. It can be a road sign or a neon sign where I get my ideas from for cover design and how I come with ideas for my writing.



What are your five favorite books, and why?



My all-time favorite is H.R. Rider's King Solomon's Mines. Because it is about adventure and finding that lost treasure that somehow can vindicate the hero at the end. My second was Stephen King's the Shining. I enjoyed reading it as teenager and was fascinated the characters and how well the plot was written. My third favorite is Picnic from Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsey. This book had me on the edge of my seat. I first saw the movie and wanted to know what happen to the three girls from Appleyard College. I thought I should read the book. Because the book does it better in some respects of wanting to know more. My fourth was the Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy. I had a military background I understood what was happening throughout the story with Captain Ramius and Jack Ryan. I could relate of a lot of it. My fifth favorite was the Green Mile by Stephen I enjoy Stephen King's plot lines. This one I found myself empathizing with the main character and how he heals people during his incarceration. I love plot lines that keep me on the edge of my seat. This explains why I am so curious exploring the world and learning as much as about it as possible.



What do you read for pleasure?



Historical novel primarily, because I am big history buff. It is why I love exploring and learning new things that I didn't know.



What is your e-reading device of choice?



Kindle and Android



What book marketing techniques have been most effective for you?



I’ve read plenty of marketing from online posts like Google+ and SEOs' materials. I am still new at learning marketing. Once I learn a topic or how to do something, it excites me and feel like I am the first to discover it. Even though I am not. It feels like magic. I means feels you are the first kid on the block with new miniature racing car that go over 90 mph.

Describe your desk.



My desk has memorabilia all over it. I have Cookie Monster cookie jar and plenty of notes or ideas for writing. Some of my best ideas were on the back of napkins from the restaurant I just ate at. I put them into a word processor to save them for later and review later on in the day.

Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?



I grew up in Austin, Texas. I had been around and heard great musical acts. It always inspired me to right at the moment like lighting. I always like traveling and got my chance few years ago to move to Australia and did so. I wrote recently Come n' Say G'Day because I felt it was time to pay and honor the country of Australia. I saw that many books that are slang dictionary are not telling the story of Australia and just putting words on the page. I thought I should put pictures and quotes along with the slang terms to tell the story of Australian lingo and the story of Australia.



When did you first start writing? Also, what led you to write "Come n' Say G'Day"?



I had been writing since I was a teenager. It was very organic to me. It just flows. I know that when I write that my brain goes faster than I can keep up. As I said earlier my trip to Australia had a major impact on me. I had culture shock when I first arrived. I thought I have one day tell how to navigate. I was unfamiliar with lingo. Most of what I found as far as Australian slang dictionaries were either filled with inaccuracies or treating you like you are an idiot. I felt that it was time to put into words. I thought I could do better job and tell what the real ling is rather a writer who can't connect with the reader their experiences. I felt that if I can put my own experiences with regard to slang terms that I was communicating with every day people. I related to everyday people better than people that can't relate to everyday experience.



What's the story behind your latest book?



I wrote an Australian slang dictionary because I felt that many authors don't put their experience into this type of book and sounds very academic rather everyday experience. I had lived in Brisbane for 2 years. I knew that my own experience with the everyday slang that is used would translated a lot better and comes from my own experiences living Australia and being very familiar with Australian culture. It just seems natural to write something that everyday people can relate to and understand. I will write more in the future. I just wanted to get the real deal of Australian slang out and my own experience with it.



What motivated you to become an indie author?



I wanted to write something that could be heard. I heard horror stories about trying get your writing heard and seen by the public from publishing houses that would not give the time of day to authors like me.



How has Smashwords contributed to your success?



It has given me the freedom to write the way a writer should write and allow to see who your readers are and to have real connection to the reader. 
 If you wish find out the rest of the interview. You can click on the link below.

Interview with Smashwords for Publishing of Come n' Say G'Day.



Writing is the heart of being entrepreneur. This was really my first time writing books to have it published. I never had any experience to have a work published this was pretty much it. Please,feel to view the book for free samples Buy the book in e-book format. It is written from an every day experience from living in Australia. Most of all, real world experience is the best teacher rather than classroom experience to survive in the real world.


If you like the information that has been presented, bookmark this page and the Texas Trade Report Blog in your favorites and send link to it to everyone you know. Blog about it on Facebook, Twitter it to friends and family. That is the way it unfolds.  


Paleo Recipes are Great. Try some today. Paleo Recipes, Paleo Recipels, Regal Assets,R






No comments:

Post a Comment