Products that I buy and used myself


Regal Assets


Paleo Recipes

Monday 23 December 2013

The Real Picnic at Hanging Rock






There are those memories from your past that can bring you back to a time that you didn’t think about. I had the opportunities this past summer to visit the real Hanging Rock. This is the same Hanging Rock depicted in Joan Lindsey’s book “Picnic at Hanging Rock” and as in the movie with the same title. It looks a better in real life. There is a mystic to Hanging Rock. It is as old as time. Most of all, I wanted to see if what I had read from the book and movie matched.  





I didn’t take a laptops or smart phone for this journey. I went by myself. I wanted to see if I could have the same feeling that I experienced from the book and the movie of the same title. I had heard rumors of “Mad Dog” Morgan had haunted the rock. Thus, it made the mystery of the Hanging Rock deepen.




My curiosity about Hanging Rock Trail had been peak by the stories surrounding the area. It was being a detective to the mystery that surrounds the area.  The area around the Hanging Rock Trail is beautiful. It was if time forgot. It is practically undisturbed. The area is perfect for hikers and packers. The area is very peaceful. I didn’t hear the pan flute music associated in the background just in my head to give that added mystique to the journey. Hence, the mystery surrounding Hanging Rock trail is unforgettable.




I hiked along the route specified at Hanging Rock Trail in Victoria. This rock had been around for thousands of years. It lies about 43 north of Melbourne and the easiest way to get there is taking Calder highway. This place is not spooky. The place has beauty and aurora about it. I went and was not rainy. It reminded how peace life could be.  I saw rocks that didn’t see in the movie. I felt a connection to this place. It was one of peace.
This place is one of peace. I had a picnic at the Hanging rock. There was mystical force driving to do what was in Joan Lindsey’s novel. It was different and had different feel to the place. It was not very clear whether Joan Lindsey made up the story or whether it was based on historical evidence. It leaves that open to the imagination.










If you like the information that has been presented, bookmark this page and the Texas Trade Report Blog in your favorites and send link to it to everyone you know. Blog about it on Facebook, Twitter it to friends and family. That is the way it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment