Products that I buy and used myself


Regal Assets


Paleo Recipes

Thursday 12 December 2013

The Toughest Race

http://mikebrozda.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dsc_01621.jpg




There are many adventures that I have been on. I am recalling one from when I was teenager. It taught me a lot of lessons. I took this trip as a teenager in high school. I was only 16 years. I worked as a dishwasher at Border Mexican Restaurant in Austin at the Balcones Woods Shopping Center This trip to Mexico was one that I took and didn’t know a lot back then. It prepared me for a lot of themes that are present in my own life today. This is one trip that one could forget and was a pure adrenaline rush for me. I learned enough Spanish to get by. I didn’t become fluent thought just enough to survive. I went one summer to small town and drove all the way to the Baja area in Mexico. I went to this town that does horse racing called San Felipe.


http://horsesinbaja.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hay1.jpg

It is one of the very few places on Earth that you really ride a horse. You had to do your best when the horse raced. These riders are the vaqueros. They know their stuff. I decided to take part in a horse race. Little did they know I knew how ride a horse that you can’t be mean to the horse because they will remember. I told Miguel at the time that I would race. Sure, I did compete.  Some of Miguel’s friends were taking bets that I couldn’t win. 


I said ok. I am up for it. The track was about 1 1/2 miles around.I wore clothes you could get dirty in, and I was able to ride the horse without any problems. The track look like this one. It was out in the middle of nowhere from the looks of it. It look just like this on in the picture below.


http://horsesinbaja.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/grass1.jpg 

In this type of race, you had to keep your wits about you. There really was one to help you if you fell off the horse. Generally, you had to be careful. We didn't have mobile phone service at late 80s. If you need help, you were out of luck. Cell phones were not even a thought. You really had to watch toes and mine your manners.

I had raced one like this except my was a bit bigger. The horse was one that could run fast. You pretty much knew what the other riders are capable of.

http://baja.com/bahia-asuncion/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/baja-horse-history/horses5.jpg
 
I raced along with Miguel's friends. The type of race was Cabalgata. This type of race is a endurance ride of stamina and endurance. You knew the pressure to ride was on. You had to withstand the heat from the riders.
  

http://horsesinbaja.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/580302_10200929905919531_859022433_n.jpg 

The race began and the crowd was rooting for their favorite rider. I was running up into about third position for about 3/4 of the race and made it all to the top contender. I was blinded by a mirror reflecting the sun and thrown at the finish line because of mirror. I broke my ankle and was limping  most of the way I went the hospital near by had my ankel bandage up. Miguel and his buddy fix that I would not win the race. They could not stand the fact that woman was going to beat their friend. I remember that life is unfair. I put dark color stock over my bandage area. My mom and aunt found out were not happy that I had race down in Mexico. I did again  a few weeks later and challenge them again. This time I won the race. I hung in there for dear life. I was more than determine to win without cheating. I found that they had set me up to lose the race. I heard them laugh about I understood enough Spanish to know they fixed the race. My heart was racing out of my chest when I knew I won. I was more determined to finish the race and come back from failing.

Moreover, it is always winning that got me. It was how finished more than anything else. It was a race of nerves. It was an adventure to race in place that not many people had heard of. I kept what I knew to myself about their cheating. I won the race fair and square Their buddies were shocked. I wore sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sun this time.

http://www.hypersneaker.com/images/201309/sao-paulo-oliver-peoples-sunglasses-kelton-designer-oliver-peoples-sunglasses.jpg
When you are racing on a track like the one I had just race. It makes all of the difference in the world. I held on. I never told my mom that I went back to finish the race. I kept to myself from them knew that in order to win you had to finish. It is the tortoise and hare story more or less. This lesson is where I learn how become an entrepreneur. I learned how to stick out in situation that are tough. I didn't have any fancy clothes. Just old worn blue jeans on and a t-shirt with a wind breaker on.

If you like the information that has been presented, bookmark this page and the Texas Trade Report Blog in your favorites and send link to it to everyone you know. Blog about it on Facebook, Twitter it to friends and family. That is the way it unfolds.  




Paleo Recipes are Great. Try some today. Paleo Recipes, Paleo Recipels, Regal Assets,Regal Assets,Paleo,Gold,Silver,Come 'n Say G'Day, Come 'n Say G'Day Regal Assets,Gold,Silver .Haka Tours,adventure, Haka


No comments:

Post a Comment